The Magnificence Project
Create magnificence in your world!
It all starts with you!
Are you looking for something to do that will raise your spirits and those of others?
Part 1 of the project:
Something I have always wanted to do was respond to the ‘letters to Santa’ that kids write each year. My understanding is that Post Office Employees get to send back responses and I’ve always wanted to be a part of it.
Is that you? Well, here’s your chance.
Part 2 of the project:
Several years ago, I read a story on the internet and it has always stuck with me. It was about an assignment from a teacher. Below are the basics, you can read the full story by clicking here:
‘One day, a teacher asked her students to list the names of the other students in the room on two sheets of paper, leaving a space between each name.
Then she told them to think of the nicest thing they could say about each of their classmates and write it down. It took the remainder of the class period to finish their assignment, and as the students left the room, each one handed in the papers.
That Saturday, the teacher wrote down the name of each student on a separate sheet of paper, and listed what everyone else had said about that individual.
On Monday she gave each student his or her list.
Before long, the entire class was smiling. “Really?” she heard whispered. “I never knew that I meant anything to anyone!” and, “I didn’t know others liked me so much,” were most of the comments.
No one ever mentioned those papers in class again. The teacher never found out if they discussed them after class or with their parents, but it didn’t matter. The exercise had accomplished its purpose. The students were happy with themselves and one another. That group of students moved on.’
Do you have a group, class, team, or family that you’d like bring closer together? It can be any group at all, they just need to know each other. This is a perfect opportunity for people to share something wonderful about the people in their lives that they may not feel comfortable saying out loud.
Here’s all you need to do:
- Create a list of their names (and make sure to include your own).
- Give your group a name.
- Send a copy to everyone on the list asking them to write down the most magnificent thing they can think of about each person including themselves!
- Set a reasonable time frame for people to complete their assignment
- When they have finished their list, have each person email it to; email@example.com (Think of this as Magnificence North Pole).
- When you send out your initial list, send us an email with the group name and list of people so that we can get our Santa’s set up. When we receive all of the responses and/or the time frame you set is up, we will send them back to you to send out to each person in your group.
Now, you may be saying to yourself, I could do this on my own. And yes, you could. But here are the 2 main reasons not to:
1) Part of this project is about giving people who want to help, or perhaps need a lift themselves something to do that is positive and uplifting… instead of our in boxes being filled with the latest news, they will be filled with love and positive energy…. And
2) The people coordinating are magnificent too! So…. do something great for your group AND yourself!
If you have any questions or would like to be a part of the project as a Secret Santa and/or a co-ordinator, contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905 391-7717.
Let’s spread a wave of magnificence and help everyone feel better!
"The truth of who you are is not something to be explained, it is something to be experienced."